[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Grand Baloney-Part II

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:50:05 -0700 (PDT)

Great post Amy!

A few weeks ago I showed at All Breed shows and did not know either judge, kind
of scary, feels like flying blind.  Anyway, I was VERY impressed with both,
they actually understood movement and put up the dogs that moved correctly.
To lump all the All Breed judges together and call them mediocre is insulting
at the very least.  There are some that do not understand our breed and judge
them, one learns and just does not give them an entry.  My biggest gripe about
the All Breed shows is that in general, the rings are not large enough.

As far as the Grand Champion title goes, I really really don't feel it is a
give away title.  It takes 4 judges total with 3 wins at a major show.  Now I
do realize it takes a lot less dogs to make a major, but it also requires
having to compete with other Champions for some of those wins.  So one can not
get this title by going to (25)  1-point shows with no other Specials.  In
todays economy, the top rated dogs will be dogs that are owned by people with
the financial means to support that quest.  If someone just enjoys to show
their special a few times a year and receives a title for that, I see nothing
wrong with that.  To belittle that is not sportsmanlike and with our sport
shrinking every day, instead of discouraging someone I think we should
encourage.  Will there be some that see it just as another title to add to
many, yes, but as Evan always says, there really isn't anything wrong with
that.

Chris

Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

Ch. Tanbark's 2MuchBling Joelle Aramist
Ch. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E