[ SHOWGSD-L ] Goodbye to Jasmin - 1993-2007

  • From: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 18:03:01 EDT

International Ch. Showboat's Jasmin TC, HT
August 30, 1993    -  May 25, 2007

Last evening, I said my final good-bye to my Jasmin - the "mom" dog of the
pack.  She was three months shy of 14 years.  Her mind and spirit were bright,
but DM had taken its final toll on her rear quarters.  She was no longer able
to get up and if assisted up, she could no longer walk without falling over. It
was time.

No matter how often I have done this in the past, it never gets any easier.

Jasmin was out of Showboat's Flying Spirit TC, HT  by Am. & Can. Ch.
Kennelwoods Leathal Weapon CGC.  Jasmin had around 7 AKC points but never
really liked
to show. We tried obedience and that really wasn't her thing either.  She did
love the sheepies ---- sometimes too much and always too much for me handle.
Finally at age 8 when she had slowed down a bit, she got her HT.

Her true calling was being the "mom dog".  Although she wasn't the easiest
whelper (putting it mildly), she was a wonderful mother and always took great
care of her pups.  She had three litters -- two with Ch. Arelee's Gunnrunner
and
one with Ch. Linnloch Paper Chase ROM.  She produced many multiple titled
performance dogs (agility, obedience, herding & rally) in every litter
including
my Am. & Multiple BIS Int'l.  Ch. Showboat's Jazz Singer TC, CD, Am. & Int'l.
Ch. Showboat's Spellcaster TC, HT &  BIS Int'l. Ch. Showboat's Razzle Dazzle
TC, RN (11 AKC pts - 1 major) along with one Performance Award of Merit progeny
(PAM Showboat's Keepsake) and two more that are close to their PAM.

She welcomed any puppy that came into the house and  was happy to babysit any
visiting puppy when I would puppy sit for a traveling friend. She was an easy
keeper and seldom complained.  She was always there with you in her quiet
way.

She was born into my hands and I said my final goodbye to her in my arms.
She was the puppy that I wasn't going to keep but oh so glad I did.   Farewell
my sweet pea.

what's free at http://www.aol.com.</HTML>