[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: German Shepherd history?

  • From: "Mary-Anne" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:29:46 -0400

Hitler had a GSD bitch - which really put the kiss of death on the breed as
far as the British were concerned.  In France, they were (and are) usually
called Berger Allemandes which translates to Shepherd of Germany.  Having
lived in that border area - Karlsruhe/Strasbourg - I do know that only
British visitors called them Alsatians.
Mary-Anne