[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Gas is Gas

  • From: "Cynthia Gialluca" <cgialluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsdlistnew" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:20:23 -0500

There is one group that if they shut down and stopped delivery in less then
a week there would be such a public outcry, that someone would have to take
notice.  That group is the truck drivers that deliver gas and diesal to the
local stations.  If they stop delivering in less then a week the entire
country would shut down, because no one would be able to go anywhere.

Interestingly enough, this almost came to pass about 2 years ago there was a
great deal of discussion between the nations truck drivers about shutting
down because of the price of Diesel fuel.  The discussion got almost to the
point of discussing the time they would "go on strike".  The oil companies,
knowing that if their fuel did not get delivered, along with pressure from
the government concerning retail economical impact made the fuel companies
lower the cost of diesel for quite some time.  The "Strike" was averted.

To make this dog related.... Imagine what we as dog owners would have to go
through if we literally couldnt get dog food because none was being
delivered, could not drive to go get dog food because there was no fuel
being delivered, or even make a trip to the vet if need be.  All it would
take to bring the country to its knees is for truck drivers to shut down.
Then it wouldnt matter if the "Big oil companies' sold their fuel to mom and
pop stations because the consumer boycotted them, their fuel would still be
sitting in tanks on their refineries because no one would be delivering.

Cindy Gialluca
Cyneca German Shepherds
http://www.gsdcofaustin.org/