[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDCA Tracking Results

  • From: Lew <lewieb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 22:24:32 -0400 (EDT)

Mr. Rogers used to sing, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" and he most
certainly would have sung about the Tracking Day we had in Smithville today.  A
warm and sunny 70 degree blue sky day with a slight breeze coming across
Smithville Lake which was lined with a few people fishing and several sailboats.

Our Tracking Judges were Vince Ramirez, Jeanne Ramirez and Bob Brown.  Two
other judges, Carol Perry and Jon Bishop were at the Test for interviews with
Diane Schltz, AKC Tracking Representative and it was nice to have AKC at the
Test we all learned something, especially the Every Trail App for the IPhone,
makes mapping really fun.

Now for the really great news, there are two more German Shepherd Dogs with a
Tracking Dog Title (TD), they are:

Ajsa Bohemia Rom-Pan ZVV2, ZPS1 owned by Dave MacDougall

and

Ary's Vom Dem Spot Walfen HIC, TT, CDX, RE, BH, IOP2, CGC owned by Michael Cook

Hopefully you will watch both of these dogs and their owners later this week in
Topeka in the Opening Ceremony on Thursday and in Obedience and Rally during
the week.

Tracking is truly a walk in the woods with your dog, you should try it, your
dog will love it.

Lew