[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA Communications Problems - Was Renewal Problems

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:24:28 -0800 (PST)

The reason for all those variation in how information is dispersed is that
nobody bothered to follow the rules.  Like you say, hope springs eternal. I
hope the new regime will make sure things get back on the right path and I
trust we will all be there to help them do it.

  Ruth
Paula Cooke <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  What I don't understand is why:
sometimes GSDCA club business is discussed on this list; sometimes Board=
members, Officers, and Committee heads make official announcements on t=
his list; sometimes these things are only occurring on other lists; and,=
sometimes individual e-mails are sent out directly to club members.

I have been banging my head against the wall over these issues for years=
, to no avail other than I am becoming more and more apathetic to GSDCA =
business. I have been a member for over 30 consecutive years and now, i=
n this age of instant communication, I feel more isolated and disenfranc=
hised than ever. =

A couple of years ago, I sent several inquiries and complaints to Board@=
gsdca.org about this very issue. You would be amazed at how few of the =
people on that e-mail list even gave me the courtesy of a response that =
they received it and would look into it! One Board member had his/her R=
ules set to send a reply to all e-mail saying he/she was on a cruise (or=
some such thing) and would reply when he/she returned. Needless to say=
, that cruise is still going on, or he/she didn't bother to respond, eit=
her. This is, of course, one of the people who voted for Hunte because =
he/she was afraid he/she would be sued and not get to go on such long cr=
uises anymore.

In case you haven't noticed, they (Board and Committee members) pretty m=
uch do whatever they damned well please. If it works, fine, they crow a=
bout it; if not, they apologize, take the money, and run!! JMHObserva=
tion

I almost didn't renew this year; then my Pollyanna-ism took over, I reme=
mbered who our new Pres is, and hope springs eternal, once again! =

Paula, 311 days and counting

From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:51:26 EST
Subject: Re: GSDCA Membership Renewal Problems - FYI

Apparently since "some" left this list they started their own by invita=
tion only. Was suppose to be one set up for members of the GSDCA only,=
but only a handful of members I guess were invited.
All I can do to keep up to this one and a couple in Canada =

anyway.....besides, there is really only one that is simply refer to as =
"the list" and last I checked, this was it.
Glad to be here among mutual enthusiasts !
=

Molly
=

Orchard Bank MasterCard
Get your credit on track with an Orchard Bank MasterCard
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/JKFkuJkD99Z7l0bwcJMGErFIy=
GT0xPRl6OmiqpfXBPnCFgkLpq28nc/