[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Poop Size

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mfsbrowz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-l" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:41:56 -0700

Hiya Mr. Braue...

I was thinking about you yesterday as I was putting the red, white, and blue
chairs you gave me 3 years ago into our van.

I would say the one with the smaller poops is utilizing its nutritional
intake in a more efficient manner and therefore has less to poop out.

That is a good thing in my book. We see it a lot especially in our dogs that
are on a raw diet but it can work on a kibble diet as well.

Paul

I have two neutered GSD's, one approaching 8 and the other 10 years of age.
They both live inside a portion of our home.  They both eat the exact same
food, same quantity, same times twice a day.  They weigh 87 and 84 #'s
respectively. The older dog poops what I consider normal size and quantity
for a large dog.  The other poops what I consider slightly larger than what
I would expect from a poodle - considerably smaller and less quantity.

 Took samples from each to my vet who checked for worms - negative.  He had
no explanation for the significant difference in poop size.