[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Float? GSD??

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 12:23:55 -0500 (EST)

I just looked at that site and you are right.  She's a breeder  promoting
her own dogs.  Long coats seem to be "in".  I thought  several of the dogs in
the parade looked more like Belgian Malinois than  GSDs.

Tish

In a message dated 1/2/2014 11:27:50 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I hope I  don't start another 'war' on the List....but.....
( Evan can check the  timing on a 'Breed Standard war' for 2014)
.....I gotta say...
I  don't see how this float or breeder is doing anything to promote
the German  Shepherd Dog and why some are happy about it?  I never
saw the float  and have no opinion on if the dog was beautiful or
not....( a beautiful  dog is always a beautiful dog )  To me...It
is just another testimony  to how far behind WE are in promoting the
German Shepherd Dog Breed  ourselves!
After checking out the web site as suggested....It appears to me  to
be self promotion of a breeder who LIKE SO MANY.. has gone off on
promoting a specific fault in the Breed....even to the point of
developing yet another "Breed Standard."    (surprise!)   <G>
She refers to them as a "King Shepherd  BREED"...and even has her own
American King Shepherd Club.
Until we  respect our own Standard and work to tighten up on our own
German Shepherd  Dog Breed Standard instead of "loosening it" to make
even small faults  more acceptable...and begin to promote the Breed
as it is supposed to  be..this type of promo will always continue to
get more attention from the  general public.
AH well......
Carolyn   marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: "Mary-Anne"  <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,  showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi  Paulette
That was said because the owner of the dog calls him a King  Shepherd.
Shame
but when the owner says that it's a King and she's  giving thousands of
dollars to the organization (and her husband pays  $200,000 for the float),
then the reporters have to say that it's a King  also.
This is where we as GSD owners should come in to educate the public  about
the facts.
Mary-Anne

-----Original Message----- From:  cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: GSD Float

I don't have access to  TV, so I didn't see the parade; however, I saw a
picture of the float and  it was gorgeous!
I couldn't believe it when someone on FaceBook commented  that Johnny Cash
is
a fine representative of a King Shepherd.   UGH!
Happy New Year, my fellow Listers!  I hope everyone is enjoying  this New
Year's Day!

PaulETTE McGuirt, GSDCA  Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem  Meam

POST  is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html

http://showgsd.org/mail.html