[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: [gsdshowlist] Motion in the German Shepherd Dog

  • From: morton goldfarb <janandmort@xxxxxxx>
  • To: israelfriedberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:02:41 -0400 (EDT)

I like to see the walk for the reasons I stated BUT faults are visible in all
phases.
We must not just judge on motion alone but consider all aspects of the dog
exhibited --the stand picture, coming and going, the walk and all phases of the
trot and of course temperament and character.
If a male looks like a female but has superb movement the breeding worth is
questionable and therefore must be penalized.
Males move differently than females but the qualities are the same.
So in direct answer to your question all factors are considered and the walk is
part of the equation.
Thank you for the post,
MG

What was was, what is is --but what was is and what is was!!

Morton Goldfarb