[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: The German Shepherd and the Panther

  • From: morton goldfarb <janandmort@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:23:56 -0400 (EDT)

After al the stress about finances etc. perhaps a little levity will help

What was was, what is is --but what was is and what is was!!

Morton Goldfarb

One day an                                 old German Shepherd starts chasing
rabbits and                                 before long, discovers that he's
lost. Wandering                                 about, he notices a panther
heading rapidly in                                 his direction with the
intention of having                                 lunch.

The old German Shepherd thinks,                                 "Oh, oh! I'm in
deep trouble now!"

Noticing some bones on the ground close                                 by, he
immediately settles down to chew on the                                 bones
with his back to the approaching cat. Just                                 as
the panther is about to leap, the old German
Shepherd exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one
delicious panther! I wonder if there are any
more around here?"

Hearing this, the                                 young panther halts his
attack in mid-strike, a                                 look of terror comes
over him and he slinks away                                 into the trees.

"Whew!," says the                                 panther, "That was close!
That old German                                 Shepherd nearly had me!"

Meanwhile, a                                 squirrel who had been watching the
whole scene                                 from a nearby tree, figures he can
put this                                 knowledge to good use and trade it for
                                protection from the panther. So, off he
                        goes.

The squirrel soon catches up with                                 the panther,
spills the beans and strikes a deal                                 for himself
with the panther.

The young                                 panther is furious at being made a
fool of and                                 says, "Here, squirrel, hop on my
back and see                                 what's going to happen to that
conniving                                 canine!"

Now, the old German Shepherd                                 sees the panther
coming with the squirrel on his                                 back and
thinks, "What am I going to do now?",                                 but
instead of running, the dog sits down with                                 his
back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't
seen them yet, and just when they get close
enough to hear, the old German Shepherd                                 says...

"Where's that squirrel? I sent                                 him off an hour
ago to bring me another                                 panther!"

Moral of this story...

Don't mess with the old dogs... Age and                                 skill
will always overcome youth and treachery!                                 BS
and brilliance only come with age and
experience.

If you don't send this to                                 five 'old' friends
right away, there will be                                 five fewer people
laughing in the world.

Of course, I am in no way insinuating                                 that you
are old, just 'youthfully                                 challenged'.

You did notice the size of                                 the print, didn't
                             you?

Joe Winningham
joewinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ph. 209-483-6112

Born Free and staying that way.   The government earns no money. Everything it
spends is STOLEN from YOU   your children and your grandchildren. STOP the
madness, STOP the   slavery. Career politicians and elite universities are
taking us down.   Harvard Princeton and Yale, Bullets bombs and banks. We the
people   surround them. Stand up for individual liberty and limited
government.   Help restore the constitution and honesty to our   country.

No virus found in this message.