[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: Please spread the word to everyone you've ever met!

  • From: "Arcturus" <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LEE SMITH" <ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <letaboston@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Linda Delarso" <jolingsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mindy Tomlinson" <atomlinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <rhydowen@xxxxxxx>, <ServeusCanines@xxxxxxx>, <Suliwebb1@xxxxxxx>, "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tim and Steph Schreyer" <tsschreyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:39:05 -0400

From: MainLineRescue@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:47:09 -0400
Subject: Please spread the word to everyone you've ever met!
To: jkeeney60@xxxxxxxxxxx; lucilleballs2@xxxxxxxxx; Anmlluvr55@xxxxxxx

Well friends, once again, the cat is out of the bag - or should we say the dog
out of the hutch!  This Friday night, March 27, ABC's Nightline will be
investigating puppy mills!

ABC Correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi and investigators from Nightline travel the
byways and back roads of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania - visiting numerous
puppy mills and filming Main Line Animal Rescue's volunteers as they rescue
breeding dogs and puppies from Lancaster County's notorious Amish commercial
breeding facilities.

This promises to be a very special program.  If you are involved in rescue,
advocate on behalf of the millions of puppy mill dogs interned in our nation's
commercial dog breeding facilities, or if you just simply love animals, you
will not want to miss this.

Sharyn Alfonsi interviewed, on camera, an Amish breeder while touring his
facility - a first for network television.  With approximately 500 dogs housed
on his property, this commercial breeder speaks openly about an industry
cloaked in secrecy and suspicion - the cruel factory farming of man's best
friend.

PLEASE tell your friends, your family, your coworkers - ABC Nightline
investigates puppy mills - this Friday at 11:35 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
Please take the time to forward this to all the rescues, shelters, and
legislators in your area.

It has been almost one year since Oprah's puppy mill show aired.  That program
received the highest viewer response of any Oprah Show in years.  Now we need
to spread the word about this very special Nightline.  Only by educating as
many people as we can, will we be able to help these animals.  And after you
watch the program, please don't hesitate to contact ABC and Nightline to thank
them for casting such a strong light on the plight of our nation's puppy mill
dogs.

Bill Smith
Main Line Animal Rescue

Friday's airing of Nightline's investigation of puppy mills is subject to
breaking news.  If for any reason it is not shown, it will air the beginning of
next week.  Please check listings for your time zone.

Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479

Windows Live? SkyDrive: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.