[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Judges Requirements

  • From: DPiagentin@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:40:17 EST

Thank you, Barbara for posting this, the requirements for judging a
Glorified Match Show are  too stringent, many years ago (more than I am
willing to
count), there were not as many requirements, and we had a  variety of breeder
judges.  It seems the requirements now are that  of being an AKC licensed
judge.
 When a club calls for me to  judge their match show, they just ask if I am
available, and most of them know  my credentials as a breeder, and exhibitor of
quality German  Shepherds.
 I love the futurities, this is a great way to see the up and coming
youngsters, from all parts of the country many of whom will do great breedings
in
the years to come.

The futurities are after all a breeders show, and therefore should be made
available for breeders like myself, and others to  judge.  I have  some of the
qualifications but not all since I am not applying for a judges  license.
JMHO, that's all folks.

              Happy New Year from all the gang at Deb-Mar, one of the gang
Ch.  Deb-Mar's Luciano passed away in November, at 13, a wonderful, loving and
protective guy to the end. I miss him.
                           Diane

_www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com_ (http://www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com/)
Home of 1985 GV Ossipee Ceasar v Clover Acres CD ROM,ROMC & Sel. Deb-Mar's
Pandora
www.debmarscavalierkingcharlesspaniels.com

In a message dated 12/29/2005 6:49:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Thanks  for posting this Molly, but IMHO, now I know why it's so hard to
get more  breeders to judge the futurities.  The requirements are awful.
This is afterall, a glorified match show.  One that I love I may add,  so
I'm not saying that sarcastically.  They need to change the  requirements
or they'll never get more breederds to judge.  It's too  much that they
ask of these judges to judge this HUGH MATCH SHOW.   The board needs to
look into these requirements more seriously.   There are too many
excellent breeders who do not meet these requirements  that would make
excellent judges for our futurities.  Best  wishes,  Barbara