[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FreshRaw Guinea Eggs

  • From: tyke.8953@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gsdramey@xxxxxxx, <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:21:28 +0000

I have had proof positive over the past few years that my brain has on frequent
occassions taken long vacations, but as I recall, dogs shouldn't be fed raw
eggs.  Don't remember whether it's the whites or the yolks, but any eggs should
be fed cooked, or not at all.  Any others remember anything about this?  I do
give mine occasional leftovers of scrambled eggs when I make more than I really
want - hard to scramble half an egg - and they love it.  But raw was a NO NO!!
Elaine
> Aha, now you're getting somewhere - Did you folks know that Guinea hens'
> favorite food is - TICKS, and other >assorted BUGS. They really do help  keep
> a lot of insect pests away. Get a couple more and - oh, they hav a
> unique sound unlike other birds, chickens etc. Your trivia for the day  ENJOY
> Norma no L & 2 critters wishing she ?>was at a dog show BUT  NEXT WEEK; Ya'll
> COME ON DOWN TO OUR SHOWS; Yipeeee
I had guineas - but discovered that they were far stupider than my chickens
when they all wound up trying to put their heads through the chicken wire
fencing, and strangled themselves.
Also, the bird shells are mostly calcium carbonate (and other anions), and an
excellent source of calcium.  Try breaking them up and using them as a feed
source for dogs, peeps or birds, any other beasties growing bone - including
people.  We had great results in both the puppies and the chickens.
Elaine