[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Forwarded: treasurer

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:59:33 EDT

oh Pat.....you have WAY too much time on your hands.....<G>   Sadly not
enough to copy and paste correctly.   I cant even say I am  flattered you think
I "Mission Accomplished" anything, that in itself is an  insult to Sam's
intelligence, to suggest he can be swayed that easily.   Please.....

I never called Sam shady, we actually joked about that....it seems another
lister googled his name, as they don't know Sam, and came across another
Sam  Israel, a real character, but not a member of the GSDCA.  Then a bunch of
 people (myself included) posted that THIS Sam was indeed a good guy. You
must've missed those positive posts.

Yes, I think ALL the candidates for Officers position should present a
letter at time of nomination that clearly explain their qualifications, and
even  more, if they are able to secure bonding, as they are dealing with the
clubs  money.  Of course, it would help if the people nominating them made
sure the candidates also are aware of the P&P.

I did ask about Sam's qualifications...to Sam.   And he kindly  walked me
thru all his expertise. So that was already old news by the time his  post
came out. <G>.  SAD???    What is sad is that  there is such division and
infighting that it puts so many people off.

I cant say I am close friends with neither Nadine or Sam, but I have  known
them both for a long time and believe the both of them to be independent
thinkers and people of integrity.  And to hear Sam continuous offer of
support to the club confirms my feelings.

Not sure what rainbows or butterflies you are talking about.  Here we  are
getting ready for a major hurricane affecting our weather.

I am sorry you are disappointed and having a bad day.  This entire
situation obviously bothers you a lot.

Maybe now we can get back to the dogs.

* Ileana  *

In a message dated 8/31/2010 12:00:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 8/31/10 7:01:55 AM, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

> Pat,  maybe you should read Sam's post again. He is willing to help  the
> club, and at this time he feels Nadine will do best staying  as
treasurer.
> Seems
> he doesn't want to be involved in the  infighting (imagine that) and as
> many  have  learned you  don't need a title to help.
>
> I don't think is a sad day. I  think it is a breath of fresh air to have
> someone be this candid  and real.
>
> But those of us who know Sam wouldn't expect any  less of him. It is
those
> who don't know him who are  surprised.
>
> * Ileana  *

Sam is  indeed a breath of fresh air, BUT what some on this list did to him
and  have done to our club is a very sad situation.   It reflects the
state
of affairs into which our club has disintegrated.   Even  you, among
others,
questioned his qualifications.   Do you  recall posting this?

â??I think a great idea would be to get a letter  from the candidates
confirming that they meet the criteria for the  position they are running
for,
especially the Treasurer.â??

And how  about this:

â??Which Sam Israel is it, Pat?   When I do a  search, there are bunch of
rather shady characters, and I am sure she is  not one of these! Dorisâ??

Now that he's not pursuing the office of  treasurer, everything is all
rainbows and butterflies.â??   As I  said in a previous post â??MISSION
ACCOMPLISHED.â??

Yes, I read Sam's  letter as least five times, did you not miss the part
that  read:

â??Since being nominated, I learned about Nadine and then I got a  quick
lesson in the on-going battle between two factions.â??

And how  about this part of his letter:

â??With me helping her, I believe that no  one should have any complaints.
As to those people who  question my qualifications to serve as treasurer,
please don't tell me  that you are acting for the best of the breed.
Probably
five  hours of everyday for the past 25 years I have been telling
accountants
what to do.â??

Did you really read that part too?

I don't know  Sam or Nadine, but I felt it was to the club's benefit to
have
a choice  for any position, and whoever got the majority vote would
successfully  carry out the duties.

I am certain that the GSDCA membership on this  list can see clearly what
has transpired.   Hopefully our club  can restore its integrity bye
electing
individuals who are first and  foremost for the breed, and not into ego
trips
and control.    For that I commend everyone willing to run and volunteer
his
or her  time.
Regards,
Pat

 is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

NATIONAL  BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/