[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: For or against need more feed back

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: gsd4meee@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:10:31 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/2006 4:18:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gsd4meee@xxxxxxxxx writes:
As most  of you know AKC has approved Breed clubs to have two shows on
the same day  as long as the entry dose not exceed 50 dogs. Some people
are saying it  will be to hard on the dogs and the handler's and will
take all the fun  out of dog shows.
Other people are saying it will allow them to get  home a day earlier.
Please tell me what you think and if you are for or  against.
Or just say for or against
You may send  private
Thanks Randy Hamm
Von Hamm GSD'S
PS The entry  limit might be 100 per show. Haven't checked yet but it came
from a very good  sorce.

I don't know about your source, but it's right on the AKC's website  <G>, no
source needed.  The entries vary w/ Specialty + Specialty and  All Breed +
Specialty (as do the special attractions), so I've clipped from  the site:

Same Day Specialty Shows  (December 2005 Board meeting)
Effective January 1, 2007, two independent  specialty shows of the same breed
of no more than one hundred entries each,  inclusive of sweepstakes, special
attractions or matches, may be permitted at  the same location on the same
day.

and as far as following an all-breed show:

Evening Specialty Shows  (December 2005 Board meeting)
Effective January 1, 2007, evening specialties  of no more than fifty entries
will be permitted following all-breed shows.  Sweepstakes, special
attractions or matches will not be approved in conjunction  with evening
events.

So, the way I read this, same location, 2 Specialties, limit of 100 entries
each....hmmmm....the entry limit is probably too low for the Northeast when
you  consider most clubs include OB (per their bylaws)and Juniors, etc.  Maybe
in other areas of the county it might work, especially if clubs are having
trouble w/ entries.

As far as following an All Breed show, again, the 50 limit would concern  me.

I'm not at all worried about it being hard on the dogs; they should be  able
to herd sheepies all day after all.  It might be a lot on handlers,  depending
on the weather and how much the judges ran them.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_