[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fair is Fair, and solvency

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 11:25:52 -0800

Ok Guys
So the FT Collins nationals is out.   So the Western US is pretty much
"invited out" of the Nationals for at least the next three
rotations ...oh yeah NON rotations, which is a BY LAWS violation.
So if we are so broke, and still hell bent on hosting a WORKING TRIAL  (not
even the NASS, which might generate some member interest)
then fine.
No Ft. Collins, fine.
But then lets NOT have a Nationals in St Louis , either.
That way we can be sure and save enough money for the precious world trial
event, and maybe, just maybe get the Nationals back on track by
2014.
Fair is fair.   You are asking an entire 1/3 of the country to bow out for
three years, because they have little alternative.
You complain that we have no money.
So lets ALL do our part, and not put on a Nationals for a couple of years ,
eh?
By the way , I need a Board member to explain to our son WHY he won't be
going to Ft Collins, (because he already can't go to Topeka)
to show, and why the next time he gets into the BIG ring he will be 13 and
his dog will be ELEVEN.
Could you put me in touch please with someone to explain that to a little
boy who was really looking forward to Colorado?
Please explain to HIM why hosting the WORLD is more important than making
just ONE  Nationals in three years,  available to kids like him and Summer
and others.
Then you can look at the membership numbers and maybe GET why we cannot keep
members or get new ones .
And I was foolish enough to think it was a virus making me want to vomit.
Kathy

*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
* <http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>**UPDATED: Jan 26, 2011
**Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*
"Victory...*Vires et honestas"