[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Facebook & the List. Face book how to. (LOOONG)

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: medusasmom1@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:05:02 -0800

Tami,
This was an excellent email, long, yes, but CLEARLY you GET how to do
Facebook,  you are clearly an expert..
Wow...for sure.  Love that.
I am impressed.
 There are safeguards, there are privacy guards..I have seen and enjoyed
your posts and
comments..you EXCEL at Facebook..I applaud you.
Thank you for taking the time to explain much of this...Bravo.  You and
most know that in this age, in a  Nanosecond
you even hitch up to your router, you are going to be subject to
issues...especially if you are using a MS , Windows PC
like most of the world..
Facebook is not any more harmful or invading of privacy than a List, a chat
room, a blog, or a standard email or
interface with a bank, Amazon, Best Buy, etc etc etc.
  Facebook is THE site to see and be seen by BIG companies and regular
folks.  Use it , or don't ( and YES
I resisted the idea for a long time, now I am so very thankful I am a
Facebook person)
  As far as the new FB site...we are thrilled, for the club, the breed and
our potential friends, especially with the
World Trials coming up..which we are hosting.  GLOBAL OUTREACH IS
IMPERATIVE..
It is an exciting age,  we look forward to promoting this great breed into
the 21st Century!!!
It IS all about the breed and PROMOTING it for this Club!!!   How great!
 How fun!!
However you choose to promote our breed, and our club and being
inclusive..JUST DO IT.
Also the bigger point is that no one is being FORCED to like , use or
interact with Facebook , Google plus,
My Space , the various "LISTS" , chats , blogs or what have you.  It is
puzzling that there would be anyone that
isn't very happy that we are trying to reach out, on behalf of the club and
GSD lovers everywhere to a larger population..
for the life of me..I will never understand the bristling by a very small
few , against promotion of the club or breed???
Seriously?

By the way Tami, I sure hope you are feeling better and are on the mend.
 XXOO to You.
kathy