[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FW: Press Release re GSDs having DNA testing

  • From: "Anne Thompson" <jagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>, <Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx>, <mcmuse@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:49:42 -0800

The Amerman Family Foundation issued a grant in the amount of
$30,200 for the MRI Imaging of Spinal Cord Lesions in GSD's Afflicted  =
with
Degenerative Myelopathy in April of 2004.  You may not remember, but in
April of 1999  we also issued a grant in the amount of $112,110.54  for =
the
study to find DNA markers associated with Degerative Myelopathy in GSDs.
Clearly Dr. Clemmons has worked hard to reach such success in his =
research
and the Amerman Family Foundation has been very pleased to be able to
support him in his research.   It is also very gratifying to see that =
our
own breed organization is also contributing to Dr. Clemmons research as
well.  Anne Thompson

P.S.  I know the financial amounts of the grants seem strange, but the =
way
grants are written the funds can only be used for this specific research =
and
these are the amounts Dr. Clemmons requested.
----- Original Message -----=20