[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Evo dog food

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gsdgenny1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:29:01 -0500

Kay,  I'm not sure why the Vet suggested EVO, other than the fact that it's a
good quality food with antioxidants.  Also, EVO dry dog food ranges from 42-47%
protein, not 80%.  Perhaps the Vet meant to say 80% Meat Content and 20% fruits
and veggies.  As far as any special feeding protocol goes, I don't know of one.

While I don't have any experience with EVO, I did have a very young bitch who
was diagnosed with cancer.  Our girl was given a prognosis of only a few weeks,
but she lived exactly one year.  We fed her foods similar to EVO -- Fromm Duck
& Sweet Potato and Orijen Adult food.  Both of these dry foods are very high in
antioxidants as well.  Toward the end, we supplemented her diet with roasted
chicken and turkey.  On the day we helped her to The Bridge, she was in perfect
weight and coat.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  I wish your friend and her dog good luck.

PaulETTE McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam