[ SHOWGSD-L ] Evan

  • From: "Pro Dog Training" <prodog@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:27:13 -0600

Hi Evan,

I live in Alberta, Canada and I love German Shepherds.  I have been a lurker
on the list for quite a while but rarely post.  I've been around this breed
as long as I can remember as my parents have been breeding for years.  I can
honestly say that 'you' have made a difference.

It's been said for a while, "Let's encourage and not discourage", but
honestly lately, why would anyone become involved with this breed.  It's
been surrounded by animosity and negativity.  I love the breed and would own
no other but why would I want to breed and show and spend my holidays
involved with people that can't even stand each other and publicly announce
it to the world?  Maybe I will be next?

I haven't been breeding for very long, in fact my first litter is now on the
ground.  I will futurity/maturity nominate it and I hope I can learn.  I am
a newbie and I know it and that's okay.  I will learn and get better.

I do want you to know that 'you' have made a difference for me.  I will show
in my local specialty show next year for the first time and I want to go to
the Canadian National next year.  I hope to go to the US National someday.
I know that there are good people out there that care about others in the
breed because of you.  I just have to find them.  People are thanking you
for what you do and it is deserved and appreciated by more people than you
know.  I just wanted you to know how I felt as I'm not sure if you hear from
the lurkers/newbies.  It is experienced, passionate, caring people like you
that make a difference for people like me.

Cheryl Kjemhus

Vigospride German Shepherds

P.S.  I bred to Tony this spring but unfortunately the breeding did not
take.  I didn't know you owned his sire until the blog.  I LOVE Tony.