[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dumb Show people

  • From: Michelle Wallis <midwall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 19:17:18 -0800

Msg: #6 in digest
From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dumb Show people
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 20:21:22 -0500

I used to have a co-worker who was also a neighbor. My kitchen window faced the
street and I saw him walking his dog every morning down my street. I finally
asked him why he did that instead of letting the dog use the back yard. He said
if she went in someone else's yard he didn't have to clean it up! I was
dumbstruck. If I ever saw anyone dog go in my yard and I knew who it was I
would pick it up and then deposit it in their yard. Serves them right!! Linda
HendrixGoose Creek, SC
For show sites - call your local 4-h or FFA club (or the comm service hour
folks) and see if they can volunteer.... feed the kids a free lunch and maybe
give them a free juniors class with a handler at lunch time or something. They
will appreciate the opportunity especially if they get a chance to work with a
professional handler.
For the neighbor... mine didn't get it for a long time... not even when I
pointedly stood there as dog her crapped on my lawn for the upteenth time. The
next day I went and got my 90 lb GSD out of the house on a loose lead and
pointed out the size disparity between her 20 lb dog and my 90 lb dog. I
further loudly explained that my dog's poops were proportional to his size and
if her dog crapped on my lawn again and she didn't clean it up my boy would
reciprocate. (Neighbor across the street heard it all and was still laughing
when I got home from work that day.) When I saw her the next day she waived at
me with her poo bag already on her hand. She never talked to me again, but her
dog never pooped on my lawn again.... Problem Solved.
Michelle D. Wallis