[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Domain Registry

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kleinkauf2@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:17:21 -0400

I don't know about Geocities...I'm talking about a registered .com
domain, which you paid for, or at least, I had paid for mine, which was
NOT part of any of the free sites, such as Geocities, angelfire, tripod,
or the like...all those are free, and you don't have to pay to have a
site there.  If the website address included anything other than your
own name, it wasn't a registered domain.  Registered domains are paid
for...but only for a certain time.  When that time expires, someone else
can take your name and pay for it..then you can't use it again until you
pay someone else (the thief) for it...because the thief has now
registered it, and owns it.  All a complicated but nasty part of
internet law.  My domain was registered, to me...but it expired and
before I could renew it, someone else had it...now there is no site with
that address...
still, I can't use it.  I would have to use a different affix.
             Peggy