[ SHOWGSD-L ] Doing what comes naturally!

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:50:58 -0800 (PST)

My girl Gina, Schh1, killed a possum yesterday that has been semi-hibernating
under a deck here all Winter and coming out to eat bird food when we have a
decent day.
I looked out my window, which faces a big deck with runs off it, looked into
her pen to see her racing toward the deck stairs. Her hair was standing up all
along her neck and back.
I ran out onto the deck to see her grab a huge, almost white, possum by the
back of it's neck and flip it high up into the air, catch it on the way back
down, shake it while growling and slam the limp body on the ground.
She then jumped straight up and down on the creature sat down and let out an
awesome howl!
Joan