[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog alerting low blood sugar

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mlward@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:43:05 -0500 (EST)

Years ago my daughter dated a person who had diabetes, I had a corgi with my
shepherd pack.  Anyway the corgi started following him around whinning and we
didn't think anything of it.  Next thing I know she was barking and running out
to get me and back to him.  We found him on the floor he was having a low sugar
reaction.  She knew all the time I swear.  Nothing taught just instinct
something was not right.  Dogs are truly amazing.

Another story I will never forget I had a year old Shepherd bitch that I
brought into petsmart while I was shopping.  She all of a sudden dragged me to
a child in a wheel chair who was handicapped.  When she got to the child she
sat very close to the wheel chair so he could pet her, she was so attentive to
him and he was smiling ear to ear.  Talk about goose bump moments.  It brought
tears to my eyes to see her like that with the child, just amazing!  She would
have made an excellent service dog.

Joyce Willis