[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "Dog Whisperer"

  • From: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:36:13 GMT

http://dogpsychologycenter.com/    Here is the link to Cesar Milan's website.
I watch his show whenever I can.

CandyZ

> Someone posted today about an agressive dog who went after other dogs
> and wanted to know if anyone knew how to handle this.  I told her I had
> just taped a show on "Oprah" yesterday and watched it last night.  Oprah
> has a dog that has behavioral problems....... one is anxiety seperation
> when she leaves her alone and the other, aggression towards other dogs.
> Did anyone see this?  It was great.  The "Dog Whisperer" as he is known
> (Cesar Millan) brought 5 dogs to her house including a pit bull and told
> Oprah to step away from her dog and let her loose.  He walked up to her
> dog with the other dogs and did his "magic" and no aggression, no
> attacks, no growling, or problems of any kind.  He said it's all because
> of the dogs owners that they act the way they do.  They feel all of our
> emotions right down through the leash, and they must know that we are
> the pack leaders.  He also said although we love our dogs sometimes like
> our kids.........they are not human and should be treated like dogs.  He
> said they should be made to perform something before they are
rewarded.
> I read another trainer who said the same thing.  The "Dog Whisperer" is
> on the National Geographic channel and he has 2 programs with "problem"
> dogs tonight.  Check your local stations.  So I guess it goes back to
> the old saying......"there are not problem dogs, there's just problem
> people".  Makes sense to me.  Barbara Galasso

===========================
original author and of
GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind
are permitted without
prior permission of the original author  AND of the Showgsd-l Management.
ALL RIGHTS
RESERVED.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION
OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY
MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE
POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A
VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS
OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.