[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Aggressive Bitch

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 13:11:42 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/2005 11:14:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Is there  any hope for a young bitch that has turned aggressive towards
another bitch in  the household. Is this a pattern that can't be broken?

I sold a very  nice show prospect to an experienced GSD person who now wants
to get rid of  her because she went after her other bitch rather than just
make the effort to  keep them separate.  Though I'd be disappointed, I'd rather
see her  spayed then placed somewhere else but will that even make a difference
or will  she continue to try and challenge?

This bitch just turned a year  and the owner has had her since she was 8
weeks old.  The other bitch is  8 years old. Both are house dogs.

Any advice or opinions would be  appreciated.

Thanks
Cindy

In my opinion, once bitches take a dislike to one another, they can't be
trusted together again.  And, if  they DO go at it, it won't stop once  one of
them says "uncle".  There is NOTHING worse than a bitch fight!  Spaying the
youngest bitch will have absolutely no effect.  (And this is  from someone who
has
a house full of intact males who know how to behave  together, so it isn't
like I tolerate nonsense <G>.)

Kathy
three generations of Champions live  here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_