[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog Laws

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Lealynn@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 10:48:51 -0500 (EST)

So glad you pointed all of this out in clear language Liz.
Just as described, this is spot on for the agenda of all the forthcoming
bills.  They ultimately will price you off the wall and put you out of
business.  Absolutely property.......that should be taken care of none the  less

Molly
Member GSDCC, GSDCA, GSDC of Beaumont, life member CKC

In a message dated 3/4/2013 9:01:10 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Lealynn@xxxxxxx writes:

As am  I.  Can you imagine a puppy buyer who buys a dog and a few years
later the dog gets _____ (fill in the blank, immune problem, epi,  cancer,
epilepsy, torsion, aspergillosis, etc. etc.) and their Vet  says it's
genetic.
You will now be on the hook for treatment  and we all know  that treatment
with some is "Vets gone Wild".   Then if the dog  doesn't make it, you will
now
be sued for emotional  distress because you  produced a "genetic timebomb"
as I've heard  some vets call pure bred dogs.   A replacement puppy or
purchase  price refund will no longer be adequate for  some.

People need to  look ahead and understand the laws of "Unintended
Consequences" when  dealing with "feel good"  legislation.