[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog Law Articles

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, GSDReview@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 00:35:54 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/2009 5:26:44 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
I  will do whatever anyone asks me to do. I can write any articles  the
Review wants me to do, but if not asked, I will not  offer.  I am glad
someone
enjoyed what I did, and always  appreciate it if anyone reads them.

Since people are very interested in the legal side of issue's  dealing with
dogs Evan, and you are certainly qualified to give sound  advice and the
"what to do" when things go wrong, I would like to suggest  some topics for
you to write about.   Perhaps others may have  something very specific they
would like you to address.

So I will give you a scenario/topic with fictitious  circumstances.

1.   You have a homeowner that has 2 GSD's that run  loose in the owners
fenced yard. Some fool decides he wants to break into  your home, gets into
the yard and is bitten then tries to sue you. I  realize many different states
have different laws, but what is your best  advice for the owner of the
dogs?   What would the owners best  approach be to the issue.

2.   Common occurrence.   You have a  neighbor that complains constantly
about your barking dogs.   He  stands on the fence line to make them bark then
goes in and calls the  police about the disturbance.  Besides moving, what
recourse do  people have?    And part of the same question.......this
neighbor complains they are yours whether they are or not.    There are 3 dogs
on
the other side of you that bark non stop and you get  blamed for same even
when your dogs are inside at night and the others are  not.    You now have
animal control breathing down your  neck about your dogs..............and
the neighbor wants to charge  you.

perhaps someone has some other issue's they would like to see  Evan's
expertise on.........
these are but suggestions.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"The greatest discovery of any  generation is that a human being
can alter his life by altering his  attitude"-William  James
**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10
or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)