[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog Doors

  • From: c.fuller2@xxxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:41:52 -0600

I have been VERY pleased with the side-hinged "Rugged Aluminum Kennel
Doors"  at www.upco.com #KD3 Large 14"x20".  Mounted on the outside of
the building,  they are amazingly airtight and the dogs can easily and
safely operate them.  They also can be used with a guillotine door.

Mine cost $33.50 each,  in the fall of 2008.  The only problem I've had
with them is that the bottom edge of the door was initially somewhat
sharp and 'shaved' the hair & a bit of skin off 2 dogs rear legs just
above the hock.  This was solved by  attaching a car door edge-strip
(self adhesive) to the top & bottom edge,  cost a couple bucks at the
automotive store.

My kennel runs are on patio blocks over sand and I much prefer this to
cement or pea gravel.

Conni Fuller
Rockford, IL
www.MoonshadowGSD.com

Senior Assisted Living
Put your loved ones in good hands with quality senior assisted living. Click
now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=2TXRo2vJbgoMpqCDvwPxUAAAJ1CelRymJ9x4HjViBUg-o6cOAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASUQAAAAA=