[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Does your dog have suspension?

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicisheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l: freelists.org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:55:44 -0500

Michelle,  that is an easy one -- It depends on what you want the dog to do
at any given time
or task.    If all you are doing is showing without a "job" which is
something that is tough for a
GSD because the brain is always in gear.  To have the dog herding or doing a
special job, it'll
be the gaiting that counts.  Attitude could be classified in many ways.  I
know what you mean
about "alert lookin'good" and that is why some kind of incentive is needed
for this breed. I've
always told people that are interested in a GSD to have assignments for the
dog each day as
they really are a set of brains and need to be handled accordingly. Norma
non dull & not normal