[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dodds & Schultz NO on NY Pet Vax Bills S02164/A14253

  • From: Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:53:44 EDT

Greetings again!

    The world's 2 leading  authorities on veterinary vaccines -- Dr. W. Jean
Dodds of  Hemopet and Dr. Ronald Schultz of the University of  Wisconsin's
School of Veterinary Medicine -- have contacted New York's  legislators urging
them to VOTE NO on Senate  Bill S02164 and Assembly Bill A04253 (see  e-mails
below sent with permission) which would require boarding kennels and  groomers
to obtain proof of vaccination within the previous year (annual  vaccination)
with vaccines which have been scientifically proven durations of  immunity of
more than 7 years to provide services to New York's cats and  dogs.  To require
pet owners (consumers) to pay for redundant  vaccinations from which their
animals derive no benefit runs contrary to  consumer protection laws.  These
bills appear to promote veterinary  medical malpractice by putting
veterinarians
in the untenable position of  having to give animals drug overdoses (vaccines
are biologic drugs) in  order for their owners to be able to board or groom
them.
   Passage of  unresearched, non-scientifically supported legislation like
this  will have a profound impact on the health of companion animals  and their
owner's finances.  Please do not allow these bills  to pass through inaction.
Your pets need you to fight this  for them, and these legislators need more
than a whimper from pet owners, they  need a resounding roar to vote AGAINST
these  bills (_http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi_
(http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi)  insert  S02164 in the box at
the top after
"Bill No.", click "2006" and check the  "text" box to read the text of the
bill).  To contact the appropriate New  York legislators, even if you're not a
New
York resident, copy and  past the e-mail addresses below.
    PERMISSION TO POST and  CROSS-POST this message.
Regards,

Kris L. Christine
Co-Trustee, Co-Founder -- The Rabies Challenge  Fund Charitable Trust

_cyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:cyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ;
_padavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:padavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ;
_lavalle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lavalle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ;
_seward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx