[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Do not darken my doorway

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 17:17:48 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/2007 2:55:50 PM Central Standard Time, ELG440@xxxxxxx
writes:
Since Tom left, no one has been taken off the List for something they said.
And, Tom knows how many times he suggested I be taken off when he was an
administrator. I never did blame him for that, he and I have had many private

discussions, and they always were interesting and often I learned from  them.

Those who remember, often he and I didn't agree on this List.

But, the current List administrators have allowed free flow of ideas and
only closed topics when they became out of line.  This latest was not
political.

I have never suggested you be taken off of the list.  I did my best to
enforce the same rules for you that we enforced for everyone.  I invite every
past
administrator of this list to give their thoughts on this issue.  Even you are
not above the rules in my mind.  I don't recall anything you did that I
thought warranted unsubbing you for, but there were many times you skirted the
rules, even arguing on the list about those rules.  There was an uncountable
number
of complaints from other listers about you Evan.  I absolutely did try to do
my best to enforce list rules against you, and I also caught hell privately
from many listers for letting you get away with anything.  People thought you
were getting special treatment, but you got no special treatment from me.  I am
not going to apologize for that.

I also find it curious that you imply that I removed people from the list.
There was a time that we did not have modpost available, and serious on list
wars were stopped by temporarily unsubbing people until things settled down,
but
I did not have the power to remove anyone from the list permanently. That
took an admin vote and only a few were removed over the years.  In fact, I
defended anyone that I thought did not deserve to be removed, including Frank
Tate
who you and others implied in the past that I had removed.  In fact, I was the
only administrator arguing for Frank.

As I said in an earlier post. Go ahead and try to demonize me.  If that is
your only defense again, so be it.  I couldn't care less what people who choose
to not know me, think of me.  We've talked privately enough that I think we
actually know quite a bit about each other.  I have responded to your
statements, but I have not attacked you, or anyone personally.  You say there
was an ad
min panel vote on removing Libby, Gary, and Patty.  An admin panel vote is
emailed to every administrator. If they are not available, they may not vote,
but
they would find that email in their box when they did return.  Either someone
was picking and choosing who would get to vote on that issue, or there was no
vote, because at least one of the admins knew absolutely nothing about it.

Apparently you have been told that there was proof that rules were violated.
I haven't seen it and the people involved sure seem to feel they did no
wrong.  That is not the issue though.  The issue is enforcing rules on some and
not
on others, especially in this volatile political environment, and especially
because the power this list wields requires complete fairness to all.

Tom Langlitz