[ SHOWGSD-L ] ADMIN - Thread Closed - Do not darken my doorway

  • From: "Margery Golant" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:01:48 -0400

No Tom, we are not going to have a past administrators' forum on this issue.
This thread is now closed.  Your continuing attack on me, and further
haranguing  of the admins and choosing up sides in past admins v. present
admins is not going to happen.
You have been coming after me for weeks on the List, long before the present
'issue' arose, claiming that I am somehow unfair, although you are a party
to none of it, could not possibly know all the facts, and have jumped to
many conclusions in your animosity toward me and your paranoia as to the
plots you suspect are out there.  Throughout all of your tirades and
diatribes, no one has lifted a finger to interfere administratively.
However, enough is enough.  This thread is closed.  Do not post to it again.

You are wrong in what you think you know.  There is no conspiracy by me or
anyone else to silence your friends, no plot, nothing underhanded was done,
and no action was taken due to inadvertent errors.   They broke our most
important rule - and it is evident that this was done intentionally and
repeatedly.   No of course you don't have the evidence this time - why would
you ?  However, we both know that you are extremely familiar with the fact
that one of the affected people has done this same thing in the past...

You know that we do not discuss individual people's admin issues on the
List, never have, and and are not going to now.   While you may think you
are a paragon of fairness and objectivity, many consider you to be
excessively opinionated and not at all objective.  Nevertheless, when you
considered resigning as an Admin., on several occasions I asked you to
reconsider, because I have always respected a mix of opinions, and thought
that it was beneficial to the List to have that mix on the Admin. Panel.
Your accusations about the "politics" of the new admins is likewise
opinionated and insulting to them.  Everyone has an opinion, that does not
make them unfair or incompetent.  We chose people who we felt had a lot to
offer, either due to particular skill with content (i.e. Gail and Becky) or
technical know-how to keep the infrastruture running (Cyndy and Cynthia),
and not because of politics.   Again, your paranoia is showing.

If there were such an uncountable number of complaints about Evan, I do
think it curious that I did not see them, although you did often refer to
the existence of some, so I assume they were sent to you only, which in
iteself is odd.  As to Frank Tate, it is curious that your recall does not
contain the fact that I had removed myself from any decision regarding him
due to a potential conflict of interest.

I also find it odd that you would claim to be so preoccupied with what you
claim to be an insistence that the rules be followed and yet be so hostile
to me - that should put you and me on the same side of the discussion, since
I have been equally preoocupied with seeing the GSDCA's BY-LAWS be followed.

List members have been asking that we close this thread, but, out of an
extreme effort to be fair, we postponed intervening.  However, enough is
enough.   Now you will no doubt tell people you called this one, but that
too would be wrong - you didn't predict that it would happen, you made it
happen, so now you can say "I told you so !".

The really sad part of it all is that, in your rush to throw stones at me,
you have rushed right past fact and reality, in your rush to judgment.

I repeat, the thread is closed.  Do not post to it again.

Margery Golant
Showgsd-l Administrator