[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Diet For Dog With Cancer

  • From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <BarMarGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:22:21 -0700

Paul is right on -(Don't go getting a big head from this,Paul)
I have had the same experience with my 12yr old.  Two years ago he bloated
and I had not been able to get him back to his ideal weight.  He looked like
he was starving even though I kept increasing his food.  I was really
worried about giving him too much kibble because I knew he would probably
bloat again.  On several occasions I needed to give gas-x because he looked
like he ate a watermelon.
Since he has been on totally raw he has gained back his weight and is a nice
82 lbs.  I never see that full bloated look and they don't run to drink
gallons of water after eating.
I like it a lot.
Carol W
.