[ SHOWGSD-L ] : De-barking?

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 19:05:14 -0500

We had a bitch, 2 X Select Champion Asgard's Destiny.

After her show days were over, she was always in the run off the garage, and
now and then in the house.  After a while she started to bark, often in the
evening. So, Tedi would go out and spray her with the hose, and say, "NO BARK!"

It worked for about half an hour, and then she began to bark again, so Tedi
would go out and spray her again. Some times it would take three or four time
to get her to quiet down.

It took about a week for Tedi to realize she was barking so she could get
sprayed. She just loved the water.

Some of us take longer to train than others.

Evan