[ SHOWGSD-L ] Debarking

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 15:44:46 -0400

Hi Folks;
Debarking is a necessity in some breeds in order for their owners to keep them.
A Debarking Bill was passed in New Jersey
very quickly aboout two years ago and the Federation did not make a fuss over
it (big mistake). The reason was that Drug
Dealers in the inter cities would not be allowed to have the dogs debark and
this way the cops would know there was a dog
on the premises.

Well, this is BS, since you can drive to NYC or PA and have this done, no way
to enforce it, because if you have your dog
debarked are you going to run down to city hall and register it, especially if
you are a drug dealer.

A friend of mine has Malamutes and 8 areas. She has had to have a few debarked,
because of a neighbor over 2 miles away.
It does not hurt the dogs, they can still make a noise and most of all the
owner does not have to place them.

Debarking laws are just another one of the AR's drive to take are rights away.
They do not care about the animal, they want to
eradicate them off the face of the earth, they are abunch of nut cases that the
elected officals that we have voted for think are the majority. It is time that
we all get off our duffs and let those in office know that we will not be the
silent majority and
that we will raise and fight any of those who try and take away our rights.

Cathy
Kelstar
Catherine Murch
fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx