[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: De Je Vou all over again

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:13:00 -0700

No... What Mr. Downing did was make a unilateral decision to count every
vote without first consulting his entire Executive Committee, holding a
meeting and gaining their vote on the issue and then informing the Entire
Board and asking for Ratification.  The election company was told what to
do, and without the minimum of at least the Full Executive Committee's
motion, 2nd, and affirmative vote to direct them to count all the ballots.
Further, 2 full Board Meetings came and went without the entire Board of
Directors being made aware there was an issue and to at a minimum ratify
what was done.  It wasn't until the 3rd full board meeting that an apology
was given -- yet later that year the same type of unilateral decisions were
made for the Executive Committee and Entire Board without their knowledge,
input, vote or ratification.

I'm not saying that anything this current group has done was any better
handled, in fact, in a lot of cases, I'm dismayed but I have confidence that
the membership will have a memory of what transpired in the past, even
through all the smoke-screen.

Kathaleen