[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: De Je Vou all over again

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:13:08 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Sharon Allbright
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:11 PM
To: listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ELG440@xxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: De Je Vou all over again

Yes Kathaleen what you say is true.  The President made a decision on his
own but we both know all about the persons who decided to use this as an
excuse to shame this President over and over and over again by emails to
this very list.  The emails I seem to still have for some reason.  My first
year on the board as Corresponding Secretary.  When I didn't know anyone.
Also you neglect to state this President regretted not getting Ex approval
before going ahead to do what he in fact thought was a very necessary thing
given most all of us marked our ballots wrong.  You also neglected to say
after all the terrible ranting and raving on the list the ballots were all
recounted leaving out every check marked ballot.  EVERY SINGLE JUDGE IN
EVERY VENUE WAS EXACTLY THE SAME.  NOT ONE CHANGE!  My only point in making
this email is there was some very vicious back stabling on the list caused
by people who would claim they would never ever do such a thing.
Sharon Allbright

Dear Mrs. Allbright:

Thank you for your post.  Unfortunately, what you missed in my post is this
I noted that there was an apology.  Further -- I don't care a whit about the
results not changing.  Like you, I still have the emails from that time
period -- nearly 1,000 of them.

What I care about is modus operandi.  There are standards and practices
required by the bylaws, Roberts Rules and the Policy & Procedures.  Those
standards and practices were not followed for the Ballot-gate of that era.
When the apology was given, it was said at that time this unilateral
decision making process wouldn't happen again.  Guess what... It did...
later that year, on more than one occasion.

Regret is one thing -- but one would think that if a suitable amount of
regret was evidenced, we would not have had more decisions made on behalf of
the entire Executive Committee and Board of Directors without their
knowledge, input and vote.  This was Circa 2003.

Summer 2007 --- Remind me again, what was one of the problems with the WDA
and Mr. Downing's Presidency?  Oh yes, that's right -- making unilateral
decisions on behalf of their Executive Committee & Board of Directors.

Regardless of who gets in as President; Regardless of whether or not I am
successful in my bid for a Board Seat -- this Club is going to need strong,
independent thinking, hard-working, talented individuals who follow the
bylaws, RR and P&P; and that will be the first and foremost thing that will
hopefully insure the next administration is able to dig out of the current
quagmire the club is in.

Kathaleen Strong