[ SHOWGSD-L ] Darol White

  • From: "edwinx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:03:38 -0700

Darol White left his family and friends today. Today is the date of my dad's
birthday, he too left his family and friends much too quickly about 20 months
ago.I was lucky because I got to meet Darol White. And he was more than just a
person who loved, bred, showed and judged German Shepherds. He was very active
politically in his community. One day about four years ago Darol invited me to
a meeting of the South Santa Clara County Republicans. I told Darol that I was
neither a Democrat or a Republican, and following one of my idols, Malcolm X ,
I would never be one or the other!..Darol laughed and still insisted that I
attend anyway!....I did and had a wonderful time with Darol, Loretta and all
the other Republicans...Darol under stood that good people are good
people...Darol White is good people!.( excuse the slang).I always joke about
the three types of people...you know...there are people that make things
happen...there are people that watch things happen...and then there are people
that ask.."what happened"...Darol White was the first type...he made things
happen!...Mr. White is special to me for reasons that are only important to
me....and if you never got a chance to shake his hand and see that great big
smile of his than you missed something...until we meet again my friend....Ed
Hill