[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dangerous Dog Bill

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Danannkennel@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:28:33 -0800

VOLUMES SPEAK and so should the GS...

I suggest we all go to the show list or the Pc list and send an email to
all PC board members asking that a committee be formed  to help fight  this.
And then email AKC.  It is unreal that neither of these   help the states.
Sally

Paul opines...

It's unfair to critisize the AKC. AKC has a department that is dedicated to
Animal Legislation and they are consistantly on the front line when it comes
to leadership and legislation.

On many occasions one of the AKC department was on my right or left
testifying against proposed legislation. It is ours...and other affected
PClubs that need to support the AKC and groups like the NAIA. National
Animal Interest Alliance. Everyone on "Da List" should go to their web site
www.naiaonline.org and join. It's a pittance in comparison how the NAIA
works for our dogs and our rights. NAIA is a "proactive" group that trys to
stop such legislation from making it to the floor and educating people just
as we to the AR threat.

I have said it till I'm blue in the face...The ARO's are well organized and
well funded. That said...their best trait is "Committment"...they are
committed to abolishing your right to own and breed dogs. HSUS, PETA, DDAL,
and Fund For Animals all garner donations in 7 figures...yep that's Millions
with a capital M...and 6 figure budgets to accomplish their goals.

The more apathetic and complacent we remain the more difficult it will be to
stop them. If every PClub on the Illinois proposed list of "Dangerous Dogs"
made a contribution...we could hire our own lobbyist to fight these actions.

Paul