[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dallas Texas

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:55:29 EDT

  From Responsible Pet Owners Alliance,
the reasonable voice regarding animal issues in Texas. Responsible Pet
Owners Alliance is an animal welfare organization, not "animal rights"
and, yes, there is a difference.

Permission granted to crosspost.
June 21, 2008

Please cross post and forward!

The Action Alert below is from Zandra
Anderson, attorney for the Texas Kennel Club. Some of the Dallas city
council members are listening to us so attendance at the council meeting
next Wednesday is critical. Thanks to all of you that took the day off
last Wednesday to attend. We know many of you weren't able to do so.
Maybe you can go this week. We hear those that spoke in opposition to
the ordinance were very professional and did a great job. Cathi Gorman
with National Animal Interest Alliance and three attorneys spoke:
Charles Quaid, representing Dallas Dog Owners; James Dark representing
Texas State Rifle Association; and Zandra Anderson representing Texas
Kennel Club. Reports are just trickling in so we'll keep you informed as
we hear more.
____________ ________ ________ _____
  From Zandra Anderson:
We need people who oppose these ordinances to show up and be counted.
This is our LAST chance before they VOTE to show City Council that we
care. We need a HUGE showing!! Why? Because the City Council does NOT
have to pass all of the animal ordinances to pass some of them.
City Council can:
1. Pass some ordinances and NOT pass Mandatory Spay Neuter (7-4.10),
Breeder Permits (7-4.11) and Pet Limits (7-4.6); or
2. Pass some ordinances and put MSN, Breeder Permint and Limits on HOLD
for further study that includes your voices; or
3. Pass all of them as written.
Needless to say, we want #1 or #2 to happen, NOT #3. That is why your
presence is CRUCIAL to make the difference. The Animal Ordinances are
set for the morning part of the day.
Please, COME and MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Be there so your rights as dog
owners remain INTACT!!!!!! owner
Dallas City Hall
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
9:00 a.m.
City Council Chambers; 6th Floor (Green Elevators)
Permission to Cross Post and Forward and Please Do!!!
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance
900 NE Loop 410 #311-D
San Antonio, TX 78209
Phone: (210) 822-6763
Website: www.responsiblepeto Website:
$15 Annual dues (January - December)
Linda Pollack Mercer, M.D.
President & Rescue Coordinator
Purebred Cat Breed Rescue (formerly known as CFA Purebred Rescue, Inc),
a 501c3 charity

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos
for fuel-efficient used cars.