[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Crufts entry

  • From: "Windvane" <windvane@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>, <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 19:44:45 -0800

a bit of trivia, my friend who lives in England told me the reason the GSD
is called a Alsatian  is because after the war with Germany, they didn't
want a breed called GERMAN shepherd . And they still call them Alsatian. my
friend Ruth lived in Canada but has moved back to England to be close to
family in her golden years, and took her GSD  back home with her,(she has
one of Ren McGregor's dogs) She wants me to come stay with her to see crufts
but it seems I never have the time.

Emilie C.Woodruff
Windvane Kennels
5877 Gardi Road
Kamloops,B.C.
V1S 2A1 Canada

http://www.geocities.com/windvanekennels
years.  When the first two won, the breed was still called Alsatian over
there.  There was tons of excitement when the first one won in
1965...the Kentwood dogs were very well known there and the Cardigans
were famous all over the world..
    If you want to see what the dogs looked like (along with all the
other Crufts BIS winners) click here:
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/crufts/bestinshowroll.html
Peggy