[ SHOWGSD-L ] Crowded Slate

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:38:39 EDT

In a message dated 7/10/05 8:47:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
LEWIEB@xxxxxxx writes:
Just this morning Evan talked about how the Board
approved an Educational  Project to interview all the Breed Greats.  Evan
mentioned there was  a list formed and he only knew one person on the list of
names.
Sorry, Evan but that is incorrect information.  Maybe 3-4 years ago  Charlie
Chester proposed to the board that we do an educational video and  interview
all
the Breed Greats.  Names suggested were Gloria and  Cappy, Ernie Loeb, Joe
Bihari, Joan and Fran Ford, Barbara Amidon, Jim  Moses, Alan Stone, Bob and
Maryellen Kish, and many others.  In fact  the list talked about did not
include
anyone we did not know.  The  project was estimated at $250,000 to do it
correctly
and the Board did  think that was a little excessive.  Nothing was ever voted
upon and  the Board asked for a more reasonable approach.  To date we have
not
heard anymore about the project and I feel it would be wonderful  tool.
Maybe it
is time for someone, in Charlie's memory to take up  this project and make it
happen.  I know I would strongly support  it.

I did not want to mention Charley when I mentioned the project, and I am
sorry it was done. He is not here to uphold himself and he does not need  to.
He
was a fine person and his memory should not be maligned, and I did  not want
to or mean to do that.

When I first thought of the project, it was a few years ago. I was told to
talk to Charley about it, and so I told him my idea. I did not want to involve
the club, and did not think spending club money on it was a good idea.
Charley  said that he had a great deal of experience in doing this sort of
thing and
 would like to be part of it. I had no problem with that, as Charley was a
friend  and a hard worker.  At that time I thought of it as a private project,
and  talked to Bob Lindsey about video tape work.

I didn't know he was going to take it to the board, but he sent me a letter
saying he had done so, and they had approved it. I didn't know anything about
costs until this from Lew, and I never saw anything in the minutes about it.
Charley told me only that the board had approved it, and he sent me a  letter
with names he wanted to start with. I still have that letter, and  only one
person was on it that I had considered as one of those who should be  included.
 He did include Joan Fox, which I thought was a great idea.

I wrote to Charley telling him I commended him on his approach, and that
while I wished him well, I could not in good faith be involved with the project

as he felt it should be done. That was over two years ago, and since that time
I  was not aware of anything that was done.

I did not know if the board went forward, if Charley had done any work on
the project, but I do know I was no longer involved.

I do not think currently there is any great dissatisfaction with the  current
board, and that is correct. Those currently on the board work endlessly  for
this club, and while we may or may not agree with an action here or there,  it
does not mean they should not have our respect.  Those, including Lew  have
dedicated themselves to the breed the club and the members. The time and
energy they have given and will give in the future calls for our thanks.

While many may be willing to work and run, that does not mean
dissatisfaction, but more a willingness to give of their time and energy for
something they
believe in.  We need to support those who have done so much  for us, and
recognize those willing to do so in the future.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together