[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Corgi's as terriers?

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:23:49 -0400

Hi Sue -
    I never read it anywhere.    Corgis (both breeds) were in the
Working group until the group was split into Working and Herding.  As
for Corgis being shown as Terriers, that
 was told to me by the late Bill Kendrick when I first had Pembrokes.
Many of the old timers (Marjorie Butcher, Louise Cleland, and others)
agreed with him, and could themselves remember seeing Pems sparred.
None of them would have wanted it written anywhere, probably for fear
that judges would consider doing it
again.  There have always been some lines in Pembrokes that were a
little more willing to mix it up than others...these days Pembrokes are
a much softer breed.  Cardigans and Pems have always had very different
personalities.   I know Pat well...tell her I said hello.
       Peggy