[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Compicated

  • From: "Dorathy Jenkins" <edenhill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>, "Hayden sally" <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 14:15:44 -0500

Stormy,

Your post reminded me of what I experienced some many years ago with my
first GSD.  He was a sweet, spirited boy and apparently the "master trainer"
was unhappy that he wasn't responding to her methods.  When she screamed to
me to "String him up", I responded in a most unladylike manner and suggested
what she should do.  -:)  I had seen her do this one before with another
puppy.  I subsequently joined a training club and both he and I enjoyed
classes and we both learned a lot.  I didn't raise my son by hitting him
over the head and choking him and even though I was a novice, knew that
wasn't the way to teach a dog.  He loved the training and the neighbor
children would come into my yard and watch and work him with the jumps.  One
little boy told me he was having a circus in his yard and wanted to borrow
Chief so he could jump through a fiery hoop and charge a dime to watch him.
Of course, I said no.

Dot

Dorathy Jenkins.