[ SHOWGSD-L ] Colorado Schmalorado

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:16:59 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/05 10:15:16 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I feel  really sorry for the GSDCA board members. No
matter what they do or don't  do, they always seem to catch H*** for it.
I would like to see that as a  group we could be patient until all the facts
are out, and be understanding  of the hard working board members.

It is indeed a thankless job, but those willing to do it, need our support.
Even when the board had done something we do not agree with, we should respect
 them for the time and energy they give us, and then try to overturn a
decision  we do not agree with. If we cannot change it, we should then support
our
board,  they have worked hard to accomplish what they believe is in the best
interest of  the breed, the club and the members.

There is no decision that will please everyone.  There are a few  people in
the world who no matter what happens will find a way to look at it,  and decide
it is a problem.  It is your choice on how you approach  life.  And it is
your decision  if this sport, this breed, and this  club are what you want to
give your support to.  We have the best breed in  the AKC, we have a group of
dedicated people who work endlessly to find  solutions to our problems.  They
deserve our respect and support, even when  we do not agree with them.

I have always said I will go where the national is. I would rather have it
away from my area, but that is my personal choice. I have enjoyed every
national  I went to, (maybe Del Mar not so much due to being on crutches for
three
months  after), but even there it was a great week.  Except when I had to drive

home to fix a blown water pipe and when Andy Testaroski broke a glass in the
back of my Mercedes.

I may be too much of a glass half full person, (to keep the glass thing
alive), but it seems to me we should be applauding our board, as they try to
get
home today, rather than find ways to tear apart the hard work they have  done.

Colorado is a beautiful state, with lots of good dog people in it.  I
recently judged there, and you couldn't ask for better hospitality and
scenery.
Our National there should be another great one.

I still want to get rid of the Conditional Class, but I am not sure I will
live long enough to convince Carmen he was wrong.  And, I know he will  never
convince me.  I can live with that.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together