[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Codes

  • From: "anthony amoroso" <triplea7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cmrz4345@xxxxxxxxx>, <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:20:20 -0700

Charlie:
I will buy that (registered breeders) it sure beats what  we have !! A good way
to start separating our membership and get the really committed to join the
"Prestigious Registered Breeders" group.

It is a tough move especially to many who like to breed with just pre-lim
x-rays to determine later that
that the animal didn't clear OFA. Or later came up cripple  There is a valid
medical reason why the OFA group
will not accept x-rays until the animal is 2 years old.

Charlie I think you are on to something. Obvious we will never get everyone to
agree on a particular code.
Some folks will never sign a code of any kind anyway. They are our "free
spirits".
But there are I believe enough of us to step up and sign a code that has teeth
and penalties for transgressors. I believe our top breeders will be the first
to step up and sign. If a majority of the membership signs, then we have cause
to make it mandatory.
Make it voluntary to begin with and then lets count heads.

Tony Amoroso