[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Christine's & Barbara's POST

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bob Van Winkle" <rmvw1@xxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:21:02 -0600

Bob..I still fall back on what Mr. Gaeta wrote. He defended his rep(right
or wrong) which I would expect and he stated " we are considering not
allowing GSD evening specialties when other breeds are holding theirs.."
Gets no clearer than that. Other breeds are a priority..we are not..we are
one..they are many!Right or wrong, let us remember that this all started
with the alleged double handling.The double handling, and failure by some
to quit, in turn  prompted the reaction of the rep.Failure to comply by
some, lead to the rep getting testy, and pushing the envelope( and people
from what I hear).  It is my understanding that in some cases the doubling
was disruptive to breeds in other rings and there were complaints.Does this
warrant being pushed or grabbed..NO..however keep in mind that the rep is
the vehicle by which the AKC exercises its control..and the AKC definitely
wants the GSD fancy to know that we are NOT in control and we are not the
ones running this show..they are! Bottom line, is we can agree, we can
argue on this list about the rep, what she should or shouldn't have done,
what started this chain of events, etc.Doesn't really matter..all that
matters is what AKC thinks!

 Finally, lets talk about the credibility of the letters written to AKC.I
have been reading about folks writing letters who had no first had
knowledge of the events that took place. Albeit I believe the intentions
were good and the letters written by good people, writing letters based on
hearsay has no credibility. If you were writing a letter to the
editor..then that is the forum in which you can cite your "opinion" of the
incident that you "heard" about. However if you are writing to complain
about an incident, and expect your letter to have merit, it would help
greatly if you were there and witnessed the events you are writing about.
Events are often embellished. I have already heard many different "spins"
about the events that took place at these shows some from people that were
there, some from people who were not there.I would wager the AKC has
received quite a few letters with different accounts of the events,
especially from those who were not there.I would also wager they have
probably received a few "I'll show you..." letters with stating what will
happen if a rep ever does to them what the rep did at these events,( even
though they weren't' there). When we collectively  start a letter writing
campaign with many of the letter writers not having first had knowledge of
the events..what message does this send to AKC? I believe this is what Mr.
Gaeta meant in his response to Becky D.when he stated that he had received
some "credible letters. JMHO, Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM