[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dec Review

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:24:41 EST

The Dec Review came yesterday,gorgeous as usual,with a great good-bye
article from Lew,about the wonderful Denver National.But I was disturbed by
one
thing. I know we crossed the NO-No barrier,under Gail Sprock,as  editor, that
had
existed for 40 years ,about  advertising the white  German Shepherd in the
Review. And now with the versatility of activities  expanded with Schutzhund
work, and Working dog sport, we have ads running for  equipment that used to
appear ONLY in the GSD Quarterly. And all of that is  great,but I have to ask
Mike
Lynch( he's on the List) and Susan,WHY are  you  putting ads in on the
Portuguese Water Dog,Norfolk,and Soft-Coated  Wheaton Dogs,in a German Shepherd
Dog
Magazine??. As a judge of 51/2 Groups,I  probably get 50-60 Breed Magazines
per month from each of the different breeds(  they send them free to all
judges)
I have NEVER seen any of them advertise any  OTHER DOG breed--maybe with
cattle ,horses,pheasants,but no other breed.   There are many magazines that
cater
to all the breed winners. Dog World is  probably the most well known,but we
have Canine Chronicle.and others that can be  used. I'd hate to think our GSD
breed magazine had to start taking ads for other  breeds just to make money.
Many of our members have another  breed--Shelties,Dals, Skipperkies,but they
don't advertise in the Review. I  really  feel our breed magazine should remain
single breed --not a multi  breed magazine. Helen Miller Fisher