[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Chest, depth, gut & root...<G>

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 11:14:15 -0800 (PST)

I also prefer the DEEP CHEST, and have never had a problem. Our biggest problem
is that NOONE wants to Genetically Test for a MARKER. Sorry folks for there is
just NO MONEY in that type of RESEARCH; it doesn't effect HUMANS. What little
research that has been done, has not identified ANY MARKER.
That Said, if ANY of you that sent SWABS to Dr Froman, have this CONDITION
OCCUR; please contact her or me. Also don't forget, she still needs BLOOD and
TISSUE samples of any GSD that comes down with  CANCER.

Morgan  Lewis, RPh.
Member GSDCA
Board Member Canine Pet  Rescue
http://www.caninepetrescue.com/
"So Much to Do, So Little Time"

________________________________
  From: Penny & Bill To: The List Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2011 10:32
  AMSubject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: what is going on?

  Kathy,

  Whether you want to believe it or not, bloat is hereditary. I bet if you
  went far enough back in both dogs'

  pedigrees, you would find some common ancestry. I also believe that there
  are factors that can make

  it happen, but none are weather related. Jeddie bloated in the summer, The
  Kid and her dam Ketchy

  (both house dogs) bloated in the winter and Brando torsioned in the summer.
  Outside of tacking the

  stomach, I can't think of anything to prevent it. I am feeding raw now,
  which I wasn't doing before.

  Will it make a difference? I really don't know. Penny in NC

****************************************************************************************************************************

  These girls aren't really related and practices as far as feeding and
  housing are a little different. The

  only real thing in common is cold weather, followed by warm, followed by
  cold. We both feed a decent
  food twice a day. Would it be possible for people that have never had a dog
  bloat share some of the

  things they do to help prevent it. I have read everything I can find on
  Google. Through the years

  it seems I have had way too many dogs suffer from this. I don't even breed
  these dogs anymore.

  The dog that is three weeks out from surgery is doing very well. My 7 1/2
  year old is still at the ER

  vet. Prognosis is good but...I've heard that before. Please share.
  + $6,000.00 is hard to handle right now.

  Kathy

is Copyrighted 2010. All material remains the property of the original

kind

  Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post. This group and
its

any

  post.

MANNER

ALL

POST is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the original

  Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed
in

PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.